Texas Tech Public Media is currently looking to fill the position of Development Manager.
Requisition ID: 14308BR
- Identify philanthropic opportunities within underwriting accounts; actively participate in cultivation plans with development and sales staff.
- Coordinates strategies with membership and development colleagues to secure corporate, foundation and private funding for the station's operations and programs.
- Facilitate discussions among Texas Tech Public Media staff about fundraising opportunities.
- Serves as an appropriate representative of Texas Tech Public Media to the public.
- Plans, coordinates and directs activities to secure and maintain underwriting for Texas Tech Public Media from various entities.
- Interacts with donor/members over the phone, e-mail, and in person to develop and deepen relationships through formal and informal stewardship.
- Maintain familiarity with professional standards and current trends in underwriting field.
- Remain current with public media underwriting development practices and trends.
- Oversee a strategic major underwriting program, meeting annual revenue and moving prospects through the cultivation/solicitation cycle.
- Devise and systematically test new and creative engagement and cultivation strategies to ensure best practices.
- Develop these strategies in concert with the management team.
Manages a sub unit within a department. Plans, organizes and develops goals and procedures. Represents the sub unit to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters. Supervises subordinate staff.
Bachelor's degree with two years supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or supervisory experience to equal six years.
Minimum of 3 years of sales experience in public broadcasting, media or non-profit development.
Proven track record of successfully achieving sales revenue goals.
Proven track record of developing new business as well as success in management of an existing account base.
Persuasive communicator with excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be self-motivated, result-oriented and goal focused.
And understanding of, or direct experience with, on-air fundraising in a public media organization.
The ability to deal effectively with a variety of public and private clients and groups; proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office and online searches.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Learn more here--search the requisition ID for full details.