Anita Reyna grew up in California and moved to Lubbock, TX to attend Lubbock Christian College. Her interest in social work started at young age with a passion for listening to people. She recalls her fascination of listening to her parents talk with people from around the country, when she became, what she deems, a student of conversation.
ITT: Inmates Find Self-Expression Through Art
It was her mother who turned her onto a career in social work, which brought...
Latest from NPR
Amanda Miller didn’t have Texas Tech on her radar until her father brought her to Lubbock to see where he got his degree. Once she felt the good vibes, she says she knew the university was a great fit for her and her studies. Miller recently spent the summer at Harvard as an Amgen Scholar.
When she started at Texas Tech, Amanda Miller had her eye on pre-med with a double major – in biology and psychology. But the opportunity to do undergraduate research led her to what is...
KTTZ-FM Has a New App!
PBS NewsHour Headlines
Arts & Culture
- 'Nomadland' Tracks Rising Number Of Americans Living On The Road
- CBS' 'Star Trek: Discovery' Goes Boldly Where No Trek Show Has Gone Before
- A Former Speechwriter Looks Back On His 'Hopey, Changey' Years With Obama
- After Irma, South Florida's Fairy Tale Estate Looks Stricken By An Evil Spell
- National Museum Of African American History And Culture Celebrates 1 Year