Texas Tech Public Media is currently looking to fill the position of a Radio Producer.
Requisition ID: 10396BR
Produces radio programs. May supervise other personnel. May be required to possess a valid driver's license. Incumbent may be required to operate a vehicle from the TTU/TTUHSC motor pool to perform the job.
1. Host and produce Inside Texas Tech for air two times per week. Each feature piece is 4 minutes in length highlighting research, innovation, academic achievement at TTU, featuring TTU faculty, researchers, administrators, staff and students. Each package produced will be mixed with ambient audio to public radio standard. Each package will be available to be streamed on kttz.org and retooled as a new release by TTU Communications and Marketing. Where appropriate, each package may be submitted to the Texas Tribune, Texas State Network, and Texas Standard.
2. Associate Producer for The Front Row. Work with the Station Manager to obtain appropriate ambient audio. Edit, mix and produce for air on a daily basis.
3. Work with the Station Manager for creative development, program resources and technical needs.
4. Select and research topics. Maintain contacts and interview sources. Write and edit copy to public radio journalistic standard.
5. Recruit interns for help with program production. Supervise and train interns in best practices.
6. Participate in membership campaigns and community-building events.
Two or more years education or training beyond high school with emphasis on professional video production or related area plus 2 years experience in a video/multimedia environment; OR a combination of education and/or experience to equal 4 years.
- B.A degree in journalism, broadcast, mass communications or comparable media curriculum preferred. A working knowledge of public media would be a plus.
- Proven history of being a producer for successful program production. Technical abilities in audio editing and mixing. Strong listening and presentation skills, including the ability to manage production critiques.
- Capable of handling multiple project demands simultaneously, be able to work independently, and must manage their work hours to complete all projects by deadline. Strong written and oral communications skills. Proven reporting skills. Proven news writing and editing skills.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.